Wednesday, April 8, 2009

He was my rock, I was his ocean

If I am your rock, then you are my ocean.
With your tides forever changing. I love nothing more than to be that rock on the beach that is forever in awe of your beauty. That rock who is mesmerized by every wave that rolls in and crashes down. Your chaos brings me peace, your unpredictability makes me love you more, not everyday, not every hour, but every second, I love you more. How lucky a man am I, that I get to be the rock that sits upon the shore everyday to watch MY ocean. To feel the waves cover me each time letting me know I too am loved.

These words on the page made me cry. He had written me many love letters. But here he had turned something I used once to describe him, then taken something he loved & made the most beautiful analogy of our relationship. He was my rock because he was the only person in my life who was strong, stable, the only person I knew I could rely on who would never waiver and always had my best interests at heart. He was the only person I had ever encountered that made me want more out of life, made me want to become better than who I already was. I was his ocean because I was so unstable, I brought that to his life. Before me his life was boring, repetitive, predictable. I was up & down like the tide, I was forever changing day to day, I was this big unpredictable in his life that he had never had. I knew the ocean was a place of serenity for him, a place where he felt at peace with life & the world. He was letting me know that I was his place for solace now, that I regardless of all my instability was still the one thing he loved more than anything - the ocean, his ocean.

I thought this was beautiful.

No comments: