Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bring it, Ignorant I am NOT...

Apparently my landlord thinks I am stupid. She wanted the rent we refused to pay until the septic hole in the front of the house is repaired. We initially refused to pay her because of the poop in the tub as I am sure you all remember.

So I agreed to pay her just to end the stress of it all. I went to her house & she was not there when I went to pay, so I of course was not about to leave $2000.00 in cash with no receipt. A fool I am not. So I wrote a check, put it in an envelope which I happened to have cause I did all the bills that day & left her a note.

Yesterday afternoon, she came here & stated " I do not take checks, I am not leaving here until you give me the cash!" *Now no where in my lease does it state that I have to pay cash, I am sure she wants cash so that she does not have to claim 12 grand a year income on taxes* But I refused, she wanted me to drive her to the bank to withdraw the money. I refused. You wasted my time by not being home & I am not wasting anymore by going to the bank again. You have a check, cash it, if she would have deposited it yesterday rather than come to my house she more than likely would have had the money today. But since she was so rude & came to my house once again unannounced & just let herself in, I refused, then I called the bank and cancelled the check.

I then sat down & listed every phone call to her with every issue that was either not resolved or was resolved too late. I was at least smart enough since we moved in to mark every single thing that related to her & this house in my calendar. I called the Town of Mamakating Code enforcer, the department of health, & oh yes the state troopers.

So she wanted to be a bitch rather than just take check & cash it, now it is going to cost her - BIG TIME. We of course are going to have to move, but I don't want to deal with this crazy old bat anymore anyways. So today I had the state trooper at my house & filed a complaint that she enters the premises with out notice. She was even dumb enough to tell me yesterday that she was at the house earlier when I wasn't home & went through the sheds & the plant room looking for a bookcase she told us we could remove. So she was in our property when we weren't home. THE STATE TROOPER LOVED THAT. He is paying her a visit today to advise her of my rights as a tenant & her lack of rights as the landlord. Landlord does not = GOD. Also to advise her if she does it again, I will be pressing charges and I am allowed to do so cause what she is doing is called HARASSMENT!

* NYS law requires the landlord to give you 24 hour notice before coming to the premises unless there is an emergency i.e - Fire, flood etc. * Never mind just come here & let yourself in and this isn't the first time. She has done this on several occasions which I of course documented & reported to the trooper today. He informed me to sue her in civil court.

*NYS law also states that a tenant has the right to with hold the rent as long as an issue that is ongoing is not resolved*. An open septic in my front lawn leaking sewage & probably contaminating drinking water is what I would call on going.

* NYS law also states that a tenant has the right to take monies off the rent while a problem incurred according to what they think the house is valued at with out that amenity* Non working toilet, sink, shower & being told to piss & crap in a bucket or diaper for over a month... I think we were fair with offering her 500 out of the 1000. As well as being without any working water for almost 4 days because the pipes froze & she did NOTHING, so Pat had to take the day off & fix it, costing us a whole days pay... MORE THAN FAIR.

*NYS law also states that it is the responsibility of the landlord to the keep the property rodent & insect free* We had a problem with spiders when we moved in which WE took care of by having grounds & house sprayed & will have sprayed again now that it is spring & we have / had a problem with mice in the kitchen, which I set traps & poison & was forced to move all the food in the top cabinets & have to vacuum & scrub all the lower ones almost daily because of catching mice in the traps & the feces. When I mentioned this to her she told me maybe I was dirty. ME? DIRTY? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ... Not in your life lady, you can ask anyone, even my therapist.. He thinks I have OCD because of the cleaning.

So now, I have everything documented. I have pictures of everything, EVERYTHING! I am going to court tomorrow to file a suit, she will definitely be getting fined once the code inspector comes & now she is out of tenants who actually cared for the property & paid their rent every month.

Apparently she doesn't realize that I am NOT a moron. I have a brain and I am smarter than she will ever be!! People really need to stop challenging me.. I do my research before I open my mouth.

No comments: