Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We are ALL crazy, I am not alone in my insanity

So I went to city again this weekend. I love going home. My cousin Jay who most everyone knows just finished his tour of duty in Iraq, was flying home Saturday & this was the first time for all of us to see him since he arrived back at base in Texas. So of course I had to be there, especially considering he is my # 1 & a big part of my sanity in life. So Friday my brother Nick was at my house & was going to be taking the ride down with me so I decided we need to make a banner. We made one first using a brown roll of paper I had & nick drew all the lettering out in graffiti... I ruined it with ugly sparkle placement. The next one, he told me I was on my own, so I grabbed all of Alyssa's arts & craft from the arts & crafts cabinet (yes I have a WHOLE cabinet for these) & I began... Here is my end result, I added a barbie with no arms & a brush for our famed character of Barbie stubbs... Stubbs Life. (Super inside joke with me, Jay & Lisa) & Nicky made a little star with some neon pink kicks to represent Jay's fly-ness!! Cause he is super fly!! Along with a little WOOT WOOT... & Viola!!

So Saturday we are ALL going to the airport to receive him at the gate and he has no idea EVERYONE was coming. His flight comes in at noon. My Dad & Noreen are watching Taylor & I load Lissi, Nicky, Nanny & Poppy into the truck at 11 & we are off. At the airport at like 11:30 (took alot less time than I thought), Lizzy & Jocelyn are already there. Soon followed by Aunty, Uncle Jim, John Boy, & Anthony & Jay's daughter Riley. Now Riley had NO IDEA that her Daddy was coming home.. She thought we were there waiting for Tonty & Uncle Scott so we could all go out to eat. So once they showed up it was interesting to keep this going. There was thank god a Starbucks as soon as we walked in so I of course got a hot chocolate, 2 teas on for Nan & Nick, & Lissi wanted a double choc chip frap which I ended up drinking.


People in the airport are looking at us like we are nuts, cause here are 14 people just staring at the escalator... 14 people expecting this huge dramatic moment when he comes down the escalator in his uniform & his daughter runs to him screaming Daddy, Daddy.... Yeah, he comes down in a bright neon green sweatshirt, Oh Riley ran but now people really thought we were nuts. No one knew that he just came home from Iraq or that he was putting his life on the line to protect theirs or that he hasn't seen his little girl since May. Neon green sweatshirt & neon green kicks, stylish yes, but sooo not the drama creator we were expecting. Oh & my Aunt let him know it too. Not, hey, were glad your home, your alive, you have all your limbs, no scrapnel in your ass, nope we all give him shit about where is your uniform? Ha Ha... But he knew just by all of us being there that we love him & couldn't wait to have the 6 complete again & we were complete finally.

* the 6 is what I always referred to us as... My Nanny's 3 girls & 3 boys... All very close & all lacking when 1 is missing*
So everyone was heading back to Aunty's for chicken cutlets, a family favorite & a night of drinking & celebrating... I had to go get the baby & order the food for the christening before I headed to her house so Nanny & I went to do that before we headed to Aunty's. Once at Aunty's it was chaos... Everyone was there, Jay finally met Taylor & of course the jokes started with the wood stove smell... the liquor store runs began, food everywhere, people everywhere, kids running around, the old home movies are on the TV & everyone is laughing. This is when I took a minute to take it all in, I miss this sooo much. I miss the closeness of my family, the comfort being around all of them brings. I miss all the silly moments & just all of us being together every weekend. Then Jays friends start showing up. Then the party moves to the garage, for the cool kids anyways. I was informed by my father that I COULD NOT drink, cause I had to drive nanny & Poppy home. I was planning on staying but that plan was given the axe... What am I 16? I didn't listen then why am I listening now.... But I did with this face on the whole night.. LMAO

Anyways, Taylor fell asleep & Lissi was playing in the basement with the kids so Mommy aka ME went outside to play with the big kids... It was absolute havoc... Dart game where if you lose you get hit in the leg with a baseball bat, BB guns fights at point blank range, shots of any & all liquor available for everyone but me, music, laughing, more BB gun assaults, Aunty coming out yelling, My Dad coming out confiscating all the bats & BB guns like we were 3 ... Kill joy, ha ha, you know the usual Munro chaos just a little more violent than usual. Around 9:30 I decided it was time to leave to get the kids back to Nan's & in bed. So all of this happened before 9 can you imagine what happened after I left... Even more craziness I heard. It's OK though, I have this weekend to make up for it. Aunty is being awarded woman of the year & then my sweet little Taylor is being baptised!!!

No comments: