Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Um, Pat, there's poop in the tub.

So yeah, yesterday my day starts with Alyssa coming into the living room at 7:40 am & saying,
" Mom what is wrong with the toilet? The water is all brown & up to the top".... Wonderful. So I go in & gag cause it is nasty... Sewer water is what I called it. Pure gross-ness... So I plunge it cause that is about as far as my plumbing skills go, anything with water should be able to be fixed with drain-o & a plunger & worst case scenario something called a snake that my grandpa would break out from time to time but I don't think we have one & I wouldn't know how to use that anyways, so I plunge. All this is doing is making the water come out the bottom of the toilet where the toilet meets the floor... I don't believe that is good so I stop, tell Alyssa to hold it till she gets to school, think to myself no eating for the next 24 hours & Pat is lucky he can pee outside.

So I grab some of my crappier towels, I don't really have crappy ones so I take the older ones & put them down around the toilet. GROSS. Then I grab a bucket & a plastic container that I will definitely be throwing out & I start to empty the gross water out & walk as far away from the house as possible to dump it, all the while gagging & pulling my shirt over my nose & thinking I am waaaayyy to prissy for this, wood stove OK I can handle that but this is above & beyond my quickly resurfacing spoiled Long Island ass. I call the landlord & she tells me that it's too late to call a plumber.....

Now we have been having a problem with this for over a month now this & the water draining slowly from the shower & kitchen sink & told the landlord so when it first started...Her solution when it first started... Baking soda, vinegar & a plunger. Temporary fix sure for like a minute, but then after that every time we flushed, you would hear this loud weird noise in the kitchen sink, bathroom sink & shower. Whatever as long as it was going down.

Too late? It's fucking 8 am & I have pure sewage in my toilet... & all over the bathroom floor now cause its leaking out the bottom & then upon further looking in the bathroom, I see that this nasty water is now in my tub, there is poop in my tub. This is the most disgusting thing EVER.

So she is coming over, with the plunger, vinegar & baking soda I am sure & I was right. First she bitches about the driveway being icy, her responsibility to make sure its plowed, I ignore it, then she goes in the bathroom & immediately starts with, we didn't keep the house warm enough (its usually between 70 & 80 depending on how blazing I keep the wood stove), or one of the kids flushed something, Alyssa is 9 & knows better was never one of those kids & Taylor, if she did then bravo to her for being 4 months old & getting herself into the bathroom & flushing something. Then it was we lose too much hair in the drain, which I have one of those covers for & clean out daily, or we didn't use the fans when we showered which I am not sure what exactly that would have to do with the water backing up, but whatever. I was getting madder by the minute. So I left her to it, I had done more than enough already I thought. So after completely destroying my bathroom & 4 more of my towels, she decides she needs to call a plumber. Um Hello, you could have saved yourself the trip if you just listened to me.

So she goes home & tells me to stay home cause she is going to call a plumber. Wonderful, I just got home last night & have a crap load to do & now I am stuck here in this shitty house ( Ha ha I could make these jokes all day) so hours go by & finally around 5 she calls to say that a plumber is coming at 9am. Great, whole night of nastiness... So I chose my pees carefully & Pat is forbidden to go to the bathroom... He is instructed by me if it is absolutely necessary your mom lives right down the road go there.

So this morning, I am doing laundry, dishes then I walk away from the sink for a minute cause I hear the baby & on my way to her I hear water flowing & I immediately run into the bathroom & I am standing in an inch if not more of this disgusting sewage water all over my bathroom. Goodbye to all my towels. It was at this point that I figured my potty mouth ha ha was perfect for the situation so I go on a rant... Luckily Lissi is already at school & Taylor is in her crib. Once again I use a tupperware bowl that will immediately get thrown out, a bucket & my uggs which I am pretty sure are never going to be worn again & I start bailing out my bathroom. Apparently all the water from the sink was just coming up & out the toilet, I know this cause the water was warm. So here I am, Taylor screaming, me trailing across the property to dump this & back in cause I definately cant touch her till I boil my hands. Not even 2 minutes after I am done the plumber shows up.

He goes in, takes the toliet off, snakes it & says its the septic tank, which is what we said the first phone call to her. So he calls the landlord & she is fighting him on this. So he finally tells her to call the septic tank people & she agrees. Stubborn old bat. So then 45 minutes later she calls me to tell me she called them & they have to call her back. I lose my mind after the words you have to be patient come out of her mouth along with you could use a bucket to go in for now. A bucket? You want me to go to the bathroom in a bucket? I basically in a not so nice manner tell her she better have someone here TODAY or I will pay for it myself & she can consider that the rent for this month & next. So here I sit, wanting to take a shower but cant cause there is poop in it, feeling nasty & not able to wash clothes or do dishes & I am pissed... HA HA.

No comments: