Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nothing says love like the germ that keeps on giving


So about a week ago, Pat was sick.. He had KFC, we chalked it up to that. Then Lissi got sick about 4 days later.. Stomach bug. I was FINE.
So this past weekend I go to Nanny's because Lissi had off on Friday - Mon & I had crap to get done for Taylor's christening.
Get to Nan's Thursday night, hang out, go to bed.

Friday -
go to LI to see my Noodlebug & her handsome little man Colin, then to Mary's to see her & Eileen. Mary & I head out to the new outlets in Deer park because Lucky Brand is having a HUGE SALE... So I get 4 shirts & a pair of Lucky Brand jeans for 50 bucks (steal) Originally these items would have cost me over 500 dollars. Then we peruse the outlets, I get a pair of converse all stars which I have been dying for $29.00, $20 cheaper than normal, & hit AE & get 2 pairs of jeans, a scarf & a top for 30, plus I have a coupon for 20% plus another for 10% so all in all I did pretty good for the 100 I allowed myself for clothes that will now actually fit me, I even have money left over to go with tonight.

So the plan for Friday night is, go out with Megan & meet Mary & Lisa in Bellmore at God I still cant remember the name of the damn bar, anyways to see Lisa's boss' band play. So we get there around 11, we are dancing, drinking, laughing.. at some point poor Meg was cornered by some guy so I ended up telling him she had 6 kids by 6 different fathers, she was on welfare & used the money to go clubbing instead of on the kids... HE DIDN'T CARE. So Meg was on her own I eventually got her away from him & we left the forgettable named bar around 1 & headed to McGoreys... My stomping grounds or it used to be anyways

This is my 2nd time there in about a month... & it was my second time not knowing ANYONE except the bartenders... Very sad. This was my cheers.. I knew everyone now I feel like the grandma of the place. So we leave McGoreys & as we leave I feel like I was walking out on the end of an era that ended in my absence.

So onto Last Call to stalk Megs old flame.. We walk in .. We know no one.. no John, no Timmy, no Hailey, no one. So we walk down the block to the Nutty Irishman, walk over to the coat check & ummm Meg don't look now but John is right behind me... Meg freaks.. don't look, don't say anything. SO me being the good friend I am of course walks immediately right over to John & bumps him.. He looks at me like he has just seen a ghost & is like holy shit... & then I point to Meg & his face lights up. We say our hello's & catch up then we walk off, 3 seconds later she wants to go back but they are gone. So of course we have to search the whole club looking for them... Nada, nowhere. Meg has in this time replayed using me as her the way John hugged her hello.. To me GOOOOOD hug hello. So after looking a little bit longer we decide to check Last Call one more time since the car is parked right there.
Meg wont come in, so I go in & see John & pretend I have to use the bathroom ( this is when I start to feel sick)
I go out & get Meg & she comes in, I am talking to John, she is talking to the Army guy whose name I can never remember that John is friends with, then eventually we switch our conversation partners & well that is when a little alcohol was mixed with a little left over emotion & long ass conversation ensued... Now I felt like crap which is funny cause I didn't drink all that much for my standards. But I got sick. & again & again & again. I finally convince Meg to leave & she wanted to do our normal 4 am McDonald's run but stomach was not up to it. She got her food & I was going to stay at her house but something told me to go home. So I drove to Nan's got home around 5 am & that is when the germ gods unleashed there hell on me...

Saturday-Valentine's Day
5am ... Nanny I don't feel good.. Oh you probably drank too much. Yeah maybe the pineapple juice they used was bad.. Nanny goes to bed, I lay down, but not for long... Lets just say I was SICK really really sick. It required a bucket while I was using the potty... This last for 12 hours. I called Pat & told him he needed to come to Nan's to help with Taylor after he got off work. Warned everyone that I was sick but they kept coming anyways. At some point Lizzy, Jocelyn, Mary, Christian, Aunty, Uncle Jim, John everyone was there. I was like oh god the last thing I wanted was company & to be blamed for this once they all had it. Everyone thought that I was just hung over... I DON'T GET HUNGOVER PEOPLE.... EVER. So Saturday was spent moaning in pain, crying in exhaustion, being sick, feeling a little bit better, then oh no wait I am sick again...Sleeping, daring to go into the living room where everyone was & talking, back to bed shaking with the chills, then out for the night. Oh BTW, my brother was upstairs with the same thing.. so unless we were both drinking ..LMAO

Sunday-
Nanny & Pop have it. I feel a million times better & they are sick now. BOTH of them. I wanted to stay to help but I wanted to leave before I caught it again. Plus the heat was off at the house & Patrick was afraid the pipes had or were about to freeze. So I stayed with the old people for a little bit till I thought they were coming out of the woods with it. Cleaned the house, packed the car, went up to see my Dad who kept spraying Lysol & telling me to get out.. LOL. Said my good byes, Nanny thanked me for the "gift" & we came home.

Apparently this is a strong little virus I had, so far it has attacked since I left.... Nan & Pop, Nick, John, Taylor, my friend Gina who was out with us Friday, Mary's son Christian & others I am sure who I have yet to talk to.

So needless to say I got nothing accomplished this weekend & will be back next weekend.

No comments: