Monday, February 2, 2009

Osprey & a pocket full of corks.

So even with getting up early & all my eagerness & anticipation for mine & Pat alone day, I just felt like I was getting a cold again & this made it hard to get motivated. For once PAT was drill Sargent. It seemed like it took forever to get ready, I couldn't find anything I wanted to wear because I didn't think my normal garb of sweats was appropriate & I was feeling a little bloated so of course NONE of my jeans were fitting right. But after the 10th eye roll from Pat & the are you ready yet, the bedroom looks like a war zone comment, I was.

So we packed Taylor in the car & off to my mom's......
Once at my mom's I was having second thoughts about leaving the baby cause she gave me this little eye mouth pout like she was saying Mommy where are you going, don't leave me... But Pat & everyone else assured me she would be fine & I was shoved out the door. I was told several times by my mother in days leading up that I NEEDED to get out cause I was baby talking all the time & she thought I was starting to lose it a little.
Once in the car I started to get excited... I couldn't wait actually, not so much for the wine but for the time alone with Pat. Also Chris aka Beernut & Ellen would be there too so I knew it would be fun. We pull up & it is packed... We push our way through the door & yes we have arrived. Once we got Pauly's attention we order 2 bottles per couple.. & head to the back deck. Now the deck was tarped & had a wood stove but it was cold. The guys left eventually to go get us hats & scarves. Ellen & I people watched , most of the idiots outside by the fire cause they were already so drunk. Oh don't worry we would reach there level of idiocy in the very near future....

There were alot of laughs, A LOT of wine... at one point I could have sworn there was a bench behind me, so I sat... there was no bench.I fell & I fell hard, everyone on the patio of course turns to look & laughs & I was glad I could be the one to give everybody there story for the evening.. but do you think my husband, the love of my life, man of my dreams, helps me up? No he stands there & laughs his ass off at his drunk wife sitting on the concrete patio... I too was hysterical, how could you not be? Anyways..

It was a very much needed night out, with lots of shenanigans & hysterics.. a couple of unforeseen events that I wont even talk about here, but funny tidbits for face to face conversation. Ask me about the snowbank, the winter twilight walk & a pocket full of corks the next morning...

No comments: