Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The big V-day should be everyday

I used to love, love, love valentines day. I used to make such a big deal about it. I used to think it was soooo important. I don't know why, I rarely ever had a good one. Maybe 2 in my whole life & one of them was in Jr. High... OK so that shows my history of the big V-day.

But I was thinking about it today seeing as I am not going to be with Pat on this day of loooove....

Why do we need a day to profess our love? Why do we need to put so much emphasis on something we should show the other person all the time? Why do they always make the men feel so responsible to be "romantic" on this day. Don't get me wrong, I would probably have a heart attack if Pat did something romantic- ever. Ha Ha. But when I was thinking about it I was actually OK with the thought of being in LI this weekend without him because I know I have more important stuff to do than sit there & tell each other how much we love each other all freaking day & spend money on crap we don't have the money to spend it on.

I know he loves me. I know he would do anything for me. I know our family is his # 1 priority. I don't need roses that die, or candy that will only go to my hips, or a fancy dinner that I probably wont like anyways. I just need him to keep being who he his & Pat choosing to work on Saturday is his way of telling me he loves me & his way of giving me everything I need & want & me going to the city to take care of our taxes, buying a car, finishing the details of our daughters baptism & taking care of all the other little non sense he doesn't need to be bothered with is my way of telling him. This works for us. This is the way WE love each other. We don't need hallmark to tell us what day to love each other & how. We do all the time, regardless of what anyone may think & what we have works for us. So I am going to say everyday in my life is my day of loooooove & I am one lucky girl to have that.

No comments: