Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's good to be home...

After almost a week in the city, stressed to my max, wearing heels, cleaning, shopping, hosting, my beautiful daughter is baptised, the party went well, Aunty is woman of the year & I am exhausted & happy to be home, till Friday when I have to go down again. Ugh

Aunty's ceremony was nice, everyone was there. I love seeing everyone dressed up. Pat looked handsome, I feel like a human being among society for a change being dressed up with makeup & hair done. We saw bagpipers, Aunty mentioned Pat & I in her speech basically cause it was an Irish organization & I was "smart enough to marry an Irishman & become Mrs. Paddy Bloom, as she calls him. I have to say though no matter how old the bunch of us get we still act like 5 year old together. During Aunty's speech, I had Jay sitting behind me constantly throwing these little shamrocks & hearts that they had spread on the tables down my dress, I looked like I was shitting shamrocks the whole time. Even the next 2 days I was still finding these stupid things everywhere. Pats arrival to the party was stressful, I thought it was going to cause me to have a nervous break down but he made it & everything was fine.

Sunday morning....
Running around like crazy people is not the phrase to accurately describe it. Those who know me know I do not deal well with stress related to family functions, I freak out & get very anxiety ridden. Today was no exception & that fact that it was for my daughter made it worse. Anyways, eventually everyone was dressed & presentable, & we were at the church on time, the whole family was there including my Mommy & Joey which was nice. My mommy looked very pretty. My in laws made it safely & I was very happy to see them. Luckily Taylor fell asleep for about 10 minutes in Pat's arms during the service before she was baptised so when her moment came, she was happy & attentive & smiling. I was so proud, I wanted to cry. I was so happy to see the whole family together in my grandparents church, with my beautiful daughters & husband there, all my girlfriends, my cousin Jay home.. It was alot of emotions all at once, plus my feet were killing me & I was extremely overtired, but I caught myself having to hold back tears at one point. During the service, my father who was sitting behind me & Pat was like the puppet master, very aware that we were completely unaware of when to sit, stand, kneel, etc. & being in the front row does not help. so every time, he would pull at my dress or Par's shirt, tap us, smack me, it was funny, but we made it through. I think the Pastor was onto us though.

Back at the house, everyone arrived, fit in the house, helped me to realize I ordered wayyyy too much food, but I think everyone had a good time. I did. The wine went over well, out of 12 bottles we only had 3 left. Which I of course brought home with me, so now we have 2 & after tonight maybe 1. LOL.

We got snowed in in the city Sunday night which I think is hilarious & ended up staying down till Tuesday. By Tues, even I was ready to come home. so we left early & got home by noon. Then Pat & I immediately started looking at houses. & That is where we are at now.

1 comment:

LaDolcevitaM6 said...

Oh yes the wine certainly did go over well! lol. We had a great time and it was nice to get out for the day! Taylor looked beautiful and I am so proud to call her my goddaughter even if I don't know the words to say in church lol!!! It was nice seeing you guys too, I feel like it is impossible to get together b/c everyone is so busy! You did a great job with the party and the food was awesome! Love you all!! xoxox